Unfortunately for some of us, it doesn’t matter how well we look after our teeth and oral health, we are genetically predisposed to weak, easily damaged or cavity-prone teeth. In other circumstances, some people lose teeth due to a trauma or accident. Dental problems can spread beyond issues with teeth and gums alone, and can become a cause of serious pain or discomfort, as well as a number of other health issues. These include:
- Pain in the face, jaw, ear, eyes, head, neck and back.
- Recurrent headaches and/or migraines.
- Speech impediments.
- Sleep disorders including insomnia and frequent waking.
- Spreading infections.
A full mouth reconstruction is recommended with the aim of rebuilding or restoring all of the teeth in the upper and lower jaws in order to give you back the look, structure and full function of your teeth.
Every full mouth construction is completely unique and tailored to the specific needs of the patient. Multiple specialists are usually involved, including orthodontists, periodontists, endodontists and oral surgeons, in addition to your regular dentist. Treatments that may make up your full mouth reconstruction could include:
- Bite correction
- TMJ correction
- Root canal treatment
- Restorative dentistry treatment including fillings, bridges and crowns
- Dental implants
- Cosmetic treatments including teeth whitening, re-contouring of the gums, bonding and veneers
- Orthodontics including braces, retainers or Invisalign
- Bruxism treatments to address teeth grinding and related symptoms
Candidacy for full mouth reconstruction is a complex matter, and you will need to attend various consultations with dental specialists to assess your suitability for each part of your treatment. However, as a general rule, full mouth reconstruction is often recommended for patients who:
- Have lost teeth due to trauma or injury
- Have lost teeth due to damage or decay
- Have teeth that have been severely worn down as a result of grinding or acid erosion
- Are suffering with chronic headaches, jaw aches or muscle pain as a result of problems with your bite
If you feel that you would benefit from a full mouth reconstruction, we recommend that you make an appointment with Vero Dental Spa who will be able to undertake an initial consultation to discuss your candidacy.